Friday 21 November 2008

Intro - 1st Blog!!

Hey everyone!

I basically decided to start this blog to accompany my Invisalign journey! I got my trays yesterday and ever since I've been trawling the internet reading about others who are going through the same thing! It is such a huge help to get some first hand, honest feedback of what people have experienced while using Invisalign so I thought I would try my hand at putting something together and hope that others find it useful. I'm also planning to use it as a journal so that I can track my progress!

I took some 'Before' pictures yesterday so I'll post those over the weekend and write a little bit about my first set of trays and my experience so far.

In the meantime, I should probably tell you a little bit about me... I'm 31 years old, female, living and working in London. I've wanted to do something about my teeth for as long as I can remember but hated the idea of train tracks! I did have a retainer for a while when I was in my teens but, of course, didn't wear it for as long as I should have done and as a result my teeth didn't really shift at all.

I found out about Invisalign earlier this year and was amazed by how hard the trays are to spot unless you are looking for them. I was at an exhibition in London called 'The Vitality Show' and was talking to the girl on the stand for about 10 minutes before she told me she was wearing them! I never would have know otherwise!

I decided to take the plunge after speaking to my dentist about them (we'd talked about braces behind my teeth before and he said this could cost anything up to £8,000!) and doing a bit more research online. I found a great clinic in Harley Street and the fact tat they were doing a half price offer clinched it - I was ready to take the plunge!

I went for my impressions at the end of August and was told the trays would take about 8 - 10 weeks to arrive. In the end they took over 11 as the clinic ordered for about 50 clients at once and the shipment was held up by customs... Don't these guys realise how important that package was?!

Anyway, I'll write more and post some photos in episode 2!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I see Invisalign grand rapids ads all over but I'm wondering how well the improvements will hold up over time. Anybody had them for a number of years and are still happy with them?
invisalign grand rapids